Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm excited to report that Thanksgiving break is only two weeks away! Even though my class schedule isn't too hectic, I still always feel stressed for time. Seriously, hours fly past. What on earth is up with that?

In other news... Not much is going on these days. My 10-mile race is no longer happening, sadly. It was actually a 40-mile relay race that I was going to be running with 3 other women, but 2 of them dropped out just a couple of days before our registration deadline. With less people, those who are still running have to make up the distance, which means that I would essentially have to run 20 miles if I decided to go through with it with just one other runner. So, the other runner and I didn't know anyone who would be prepared to run or willing to sign up on such short notice. We had to let the opportunity pass. And, while it is a bummer, I'm actually relieved. My shin splints have been majorly out of control, and after the 9K, they were in such bad shape I decided to take two weeks to not run or do any sort of impact exercise. It was a good decision. Fortunately, I think I've healed quite well! I went for my first run since the race yesterday, a solid 3-miler, and it wasn't bad at all.

For Halloween I went to a haunted house with a few friends. We went to a huge old building in Ashmore that used to be an insane asylum. While the idea is terrifying, and the testimonies of others throughout the years have verified this... it really wasn't that scary. It was immensely fun though. I had a blast. There was a lot of darkness and screaming and banging on walls and feelings of being lost and nervous. Good times.

Also, I've decided to step down from my position as a small group leader at Christian Campus House. This semester has been really awesome and rewarding--I love my girls--but I really feel God leading me away from it right now. I don't feel like I'm growing. I feel like I'm using the position as a crutch for my spiritual life without actually making the spiritual investments I need to by my own time and will. The idea of not leading next semester actually gives me a large sense of relief, so I'm looking forward to it.

Something exciting: I've been doing really well in the dieting world. I really feel like I have control and motivation, which I never do. I've been doing it for a little over a month now, and I've lost 9lbs. I can't tell a whole lot (but don't get me wrong, I can feel a change), but I think it might be that a certain amount of the weight was actually water weight. However, my roommate Hannah asked me this morning what I've been doing because (in her words), "it's obviously working" for me. That was encouraging! I feel incredibly inspired to carry on! Hannah and I intend on running a half marathon in February, and the idea of running with 10+ less lbs is incredibly exciting. I'm going for it!



1 comment:

  1. I am SO PROUD OF YOU! ...first of all, because you are a running maniac right now and that's awesome. Second of all, because you are so in tune with yourself spiritually, and that is a BIG DEAL, and worth celebrating. Thirdly, because you are dieting successfully and on your own accord (without anyone telling you too!). I'm sure you look fantastic and I can't wait to see you next summer! I'm sure you will be a bombshell. LOVE YOU LOTS!

    ReplyDelete